Saturday, August 22, 2009

How Hungry is the Monkey?

I'm sitting here in the semi-quiet, hearing the sounds of the Ever-Hungry Teen Boy pouring his second bowl of Krunchy-Krap since we got home from the Mahvelous Mexican Restaurant where He had 2 Chicken Burrrrritos con frijoles y arroz y ensalada less than an HOUR ago. The bottomless pit also asked if I had gotten any ice cream at the store today in case he had a small empty spot near his big toe in the next 15 minutes. My background music is Amy Winehouse... Rehab.

Multiple thoughts are running through my head, first did I go wrong telling Ever-Hungry Teen Boy that the first taste was free? Second, if he is already 6ft 2in does he really need to be any taller? After all, only 3 presidents in our history have been over 6ft 2in.

My other thoughts have to do with our brunch guests tomorrow. They are 3. Mom, Dad, and Hungry Monkey.
Dad and HM are co-authors of a cookbook called Hungry Monkey I'm not worried about cooking for Mom and Dad, but I've seen HM on t-v, and she is a food critic. She also loves to be involved in every aspect of the cooking process, and may well call me to task for any indiscretions I may perform. Perhaps I will just send her to the garden to pick her own brunch, and let the prep and finish be on her shoulders.

I've cooked for princes and Presidents and was not intimidated, but gosh ... a 5 yr old food critic with 'tude...

As I type, my Ever-Hungry Teen Boy just went for another bowl of Krunchy-Krap...sigh

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya. For years now, Phil will eat a big dinner, and less than an hour later, he's fixing himself a PBJ. He once ate 15 yogurt cups in one evening when he was 14. I'd just gone shopping and those were the lunch snacks for the week.

    An Ever-Hungry Teen Boy from a large family is even worse because there's competition, and he's always worried that his brother will get more.

    Phil is 20 now, thin as a rail and 6'5". And still eating.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent the weekend with Iris. I didn't realize she was so terrifying! :-)

    ReplyDelete