Sunday, October 25, 2009

You can pick your friends, and...

I am going through some of my old travel pictures. Around 1980, I spent a week in the Dominican Republic. I was staying at the Casa De Campo resort, http://resorts.gordonsguide.com/casadecampo/index.cfm a reasonbly expensive place to visit even in those days (I was traveling on an expense account). So one day I was bored with all of the luxury, and decided to wander into town to get an idea of how much of the wealth I was seeing at the resort trickled into town. I was taking a lot of pictures, and realized that I was being followed by a group of children who were as fascinated by me as I was of them. They asked if I would take their picture, and I said ok, just pose but don't make it looked posed. I took the picture, and they all ran away. I really never even looked into the viewfinder to compose the picture, but I've always loved it.

So I was going to make up a story about this picture, but I believe that I could not really make up anything that could embellish the picture. Here is my day visiting The Dominican Republic.








No comments:

Post a Comment